Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Watch your back Dave....

Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205545

• Lazy Daisy
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • No milk or sugar thanks
  • Thank you received: 95
This is from to-days Guardian. The statistics regarding benefit cuts reveal that fraud for DLA was just 0.5% yet it was trumpeted to be a huge scurge on society. The last paragraph is much to my liking...
www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/ja...welfare-cuts-cameron
Aim Low. Achieve success. Avoid disappointment.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205587

• SleepyJohn
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • All you need is sleep
  • Thank you received: 127
I have plenty of views on this subject, but most of them are unprintable. At least one of them involves a high profile funeral and a house party. And the demise of some cunt or other.
"The greatest way to live with honour in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205597

• littlejimmy
  • Oracle of Idleness
  • THREAD KILLER!
remember that a one-off windfall of 20% from the £4 trillion wealth of the top tenth could pay off the nation's debts at a stroke

One-off. We're meant to be all in this together, aren't we?
fatandfurious.blogspot.com/

The rich and powerful piss on us and the media tell us it's raining.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205604

• Lazy Daisy
  • ** Idle Deity **
littlejimmy wrote:
remember that a one-off windfall of 20% from the £4 trillion wealth of the top tenth could pay off the nation's debts at a stroke

One-off. We're meant to be all in this together, aren't we?

Exactly. Little Jimmy, but the Government seems to have forgotten about the very wealthys non involvement. :badmood:

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205678

• ziggy
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Thank you received: 37
What gets me is in the long and short run the wealthy have nothing to lose by paying off the national debt. They own or constantly rake in loads of money from all the businesses their new and old money i relative to, so, as everyone is freer to spend their money on things, the wealthy get their money back anyway. *shakes head and considers being remorseful, but rejects that in favor of being angry* Whether the wealthy consider themselves in this together with everyone else or not, they are in it with everyone else. It only makes good business sense to chip in what they can easily afford to make the system rise.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205693

• Lazy Daisy
  • ** Idle Deity **
Trouble is Ziggy is this. The wealthy think they gained all of it by the sweat of their own brows and therefore justly deserve their wealth and all the goodies it brings them. They think that the poor are poor for a reason. That they are feckless and wont work or waste what money they have and expect handouts from the rich who resent any form of help given to the poor because in their eyes they are undeserving and being poor is their own fault.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205695

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Thank you received: 6
Most of them inherited the wealth or gained their positions through contacts and wheedling and dealing. There's an element of luck involved. They may work hard for a while but once secured let others work hard for them and take credit for what they've done while blaming them for their mistakes. This is how psychopaths behave.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205700

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Thank you received: 6
They then think that anybody can get rich. Idiots!!
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Lemsip.

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205703

• Torstoise
  • Respect!
  • Thank you received: 39
Everyone can win at the game "Musical Chairs".

Re: Watch your back Dave.... 2 years 9 months ago #205720

• ziggy
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Thank you received: 37
Lazy Daisy: "Trouble is Ziggy is this. The wealthy think they gained all of it by the sweat of their own brows and therefore justly deserve their wealth and all the goodies it brings them. They think that the poor are poor for a reason. That they are feckless and wont work or waste what money they have and expect handouts from the rich who resent any form of help given to the poor because in their eyes they are undeserving and being poor is their own fault."

Yeah, LD, I know what you say is true for many of the rich. And I've known a few of them who take it into a thin stream of spirituality by thinking they deserve their posh existence because of some past life experience, leaving the poor just paying their inter-life dues. Similar, just couched in cosmic ideations. To some extent what you say they think is true. At one time, after hearing their poor me raps, Oprah, thinking she could show how to save the world, gave away a million dollars each to various audience members. Most of them blew it quickly on glitz (new clothes, cars, houses, etc), and were soon broke and/or in further in debt than they were to start with. Of course, she did a show on that. And quit giving out million dollar lumps, content with the generated ooos and aahs from the audience when she just give bags of beauty aids, make overs, etc. The first thing I'd do with a million dollars is put it in a bank, arrange it so the interest goes into a checking account, buy a world cruise ticket, and see the world. Only after would I think about what to do with the rest of the money. Oh yeah, and I'd attend an Idle Meet, and go meet Sir Wallace and the Walli.
  • Page:
Idlers in the Chatroom: