Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire

B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168904

• Mr Livered
  • I remember quiet evenings, trembling close to you
  • Thank you received: 63
I have just been through the process of applying for a job at B&Q (the DIY superstore people) online. Obviously not for real, I had heard about the questionnaire and wanted to see what the questions would be. In case anyone is interested I cut and pasted the questions as I went along.

Outrageous!

There are a lot of questions that appear to be designed to weed out the socially inadequate, so I would probably fail on those ones alone. But in a "customer-facing" role I suppose that's not entirely unreasonable.

There were at least three questions apparently designed to test a candidate's willingness to carry on working well beyond his contracted hours, but this question really pissed me off:
54. In your opinion, what is the correct priority in making a business decision?
-Personal integrity, organisational values, profit
-Organisational values, profit, personal integrity
-Profit, organisational values, personal integrity
-Organisational values, personal integrity, profit
-None of the above
Feel free to tell me if you think I'm mistaken, but I'd be willing to bet that candidates who choose the first option, putting personal integrity first, would be straight out the door. Pass the Zyklon B.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
If there’s a future, it won’t be because of big organisations, the church or movements, but tens of thousands of little miracles and little efforts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168906

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Thank you received: 2
Anybody who chooses Organisational Values would be ideal for working with Body Shop when it was still owned by Anita Roddick and Innocent.

To take the test and get the results do I have to give away personal details about myself?

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168910

• Mr Livered
  • I remember quiet evenings, trembling close to you
  • Thank you received: 63
Lemsip wrote:
To take the test and get the results do I have to give away personal details about myself?
I never submitted the test because I just wanted to see the questions, so I don't know at what point the result would have been displayed, but to get to the questionnaire I had to invent loads of personal information. So if the result is sent to the applicant rather than displayed online I wouldn't have received it without entering my real contact details. Maybe someone who has taken the test, like Daisy, will be able to answer that question.
If there’s a future, it won’t be because of big organisations, the church or movements, but tens of thousands of little miracles and little efforts.

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168912

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
I bet many people filling in the assessment questionnair would be putting down lies out of desperation to get the job and eventually they will start to believe their own lies. Remember if you put down what they want to hear you will have to live up to your promises should you get the job.

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168913

• alfuy
  • Oracle of Idleness
  • Love lures life on
Lemmy,

You take everything SOOOO seriously my dear.

If for some reason you want a B&Q job, then simply answer what you know they want.

Once you have the j*b, just do your own thing (I imagine there are LOADS of skiving opportunities in a job like that)....simple

:side:

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168915

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
:roll:

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168917

It is Friday and your work shift ends in 5 minutes. A customer approaches you and says he has a few questions for you about a piece of equipment. You know the conversation with the customer will take 20 minutes. Which response best matches your reply to the customer?

Let me find someone who can help you now or in a few minutes.

I would be happy to help you, what are your questions?

My shift is ending, let me get another customer representative to help you.

I would be happy to help you, but I do not know enough about the piece of equipment.

Most of your questions will be answered in the equipment description by the unit.

Eh, where do you think you are, America. Piss off.
Disclaimer: The author reserves the right not to use emoticons or exclamation marks. May contain irony.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by The Duke de Richleau. Reason: oops

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168918

• Lemsip
  • ** Idle Deity **
A friend of mine had this problem when minutes before his shift ended in a call centre he received a call that lasted twenty minutes and made him late for meeting up with friend of his in the city centre. I read somewhere that one way to end a call is to stand up and hopefully the person on the other end of the line would get the message as they will be able to sense something.

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168920

• alfuy
  • Oracle of Idleness
  • Love lures life on
In my part-time job in the homeopathic pharmacy, we often finish after we're supposed to...if you get a troop of japanese student homeopaths coming in at 5.15 you're done for!

However I suppose the difference is I want to be there & love the j*b...it's easy to tell, I still have lots of energy at the end of the day :-)

I had a bar job in a crappy club in Brum years ago. We stopped getting paid at 2AM. Then we were expected to clean up while the bouncers & manager had a beer or two. Then they ordered a taxi to take you home. I did it until I realised we weren't getting paid past 2 & had to pay towards the taxi. After that I just said 'bye' & left at 2.01...of course there was peer-pressure because I 'wasn't pulling my weight', the weasley manager never said anything though. I remember getting wasted in the glass-washing a few nights with like-minded fools...I suppose it was an act of rebellion. Got it was a rubbish club!

Re: B&Q Assessment Questionnaire 3 years 7 months ago #168922

• Bear
  • ** Idle Deity **
  • Person of Clutter
  • Thank you received: 40
The Duke de Richleau wrote:
It is Friday and your work shift ends in 5 minutes. A customer approaches you and says he has a few questions for you about a piece of equipment. You know the conversation with the customer will take 20 minutes. Which response best matches your reply to the customer?

Let me find someone who can help you now or in a few minutes.

I would be happy to help you, what are your questions?

My shift is ending, let me get another customer representative to help you.

I would be happy to help you, but I do not know enough about the piece of equipment.

Most of your questions will be answered in the equipment description by the unit.

Eh, where do you think you are, America. Piss off.
That last one has to be accompanied by a withering look and a loud 'tut' as you turn your back on them.
"Speak to me only with your eyes. It is to you I give this tune. "
Idlers in the Chatroom: